New Records Broken
Marlins swimmers and divers are already breaking records. Lets send out congratulations to the following swimmers and divers!
- Thomas Clark broke his own record in the 15 & Up Boys Butterfly with a time of 25.87 at the Brookside meet.
- Libby Grether broke the record in the 13 & 14 Girls Backstroke with a time of 33.12 at the Brookside meet. She broke the record again at OSU Champs with a time of 32.24.
- Hannah Bailey broke the record in the 15 & up Womens Backstroke with a time of 33.36 at the NA meet. She also broke the OSU Meet record in the Breaststroke with a time of 33.78.
- The 13-14 Girls broke the freestyle relay record with at time of 1:59.35 at the OSU Champs meet.
- Alyssa Heinlen broke the record in the 15 & up Women's Diving with a score of 228.95.
Swim Team Photos and Video Needed for Highlight Video
We are collecting pictures and video for the swim team highlight video that will be shown at the banquet. Please use the following Dropbox link to share both pictures and video that you have captured throughout the season. Our goal is to get as many of the kids (hopefully all of them) represented in the video. In order to do that, we need to get photos and video from as many parents and kids as possible.
We need to get all of the photos, with the exception of the Champs meets submitted by this Wednesday, July 11th. Champs photos to be used will need to be received by Monday evening, July 16th, after the meet.
The Diving Championships will be held at New Albany CC on Wednesday, July 11th.
The following is the timeline for the day:
13 & Up: Warm up 8:00-8:30, Meet 8:30-9:30
11 - 12: Warm up 9:30-10:00, Meet 10:00-11:00
9 - 10: Warm up 11:00-11:30, Meet 11:30-12:30
7 - 8: Warm up 12:30-1:00, Meet 1:00-2:00
6 & Under: Warm up 2:00-2:30, Meet 2:30-3:30
We will need one volunteer for each age group. Please let Monica Mallue know if you will be able to help out at the championships.
The dive sheets need to be turned in by Thursday July 5th. We will not be permitted to have any late entries.
If you will be traveling the week of July 1-5th, please email Monica Mallue (email@example.com) with your child's dives for the championship meet. Also no forward or backward jumps are permitted at diving championships.
SIGN UP for CHAMPS!
Champs meet is coming up for both 8 & under as well as 9 & up so please sign your children up for this online. Entries for this meet are due next week.
If you are not signed up by this SUNDAY NIGHT,
JULY 8 for champs your child will not be allowed to swim in the meet. Champs is
out of my control as far as late entries goes so please sign them up